Tuesday, May 12, 2015

La Tierra

Okay, I know I need to post. I'll be better I promise, but to be perfectly honest I'm simply too busy having a wonderful time! 

My first two days in Spain have been amazing! My host mother is wonderful, truly truly wonderful, and I'm already thinking in Spanish. 

I'm not sure I have collected thoughts yet.

I could tell you what I'm eating and what it looks like. 

I could tell you the long dramatic story of my journey over here and then how they lost my luggage. I could tell you about how I cried on my birthday. I could tell you how tired I was, I could tell you about the dogs here and the firemen cleaning the cathedrals for the celebration of Corpus Christi. I could tell you about my passionate love for Irene. I could tell you about my bed and my view and it all. 

But today while walking around, I realized something, and that is that walking around on ground that isn't flat is just better. Stone rodes, pebbles, coble stone, bricks, dirt, gravel, and muddy rice paddies, if you can feel what it is beneath your feet you're doing something right.

So that's my first prophetic statement from Spain. May you feel the ground beneath your feet wherever you go. May you realize the land, the history, the culture, the food, the language and all that comes with walking where you walk. And heaven forbid you walk somewhere with none of those beautiful aspects, may you leave in search of a feeling beneath your toes! It's worth it. I promise.

Adios por ahora, voy a salir para pasar tiempo con mis amigos nuevos! 

1 comment:

  1. I felt sad that you were sad on your birthday but you will always remember where you were on your 21st birthday even if it was stressful. Host family sounds very loving and caring and who wouldn't love you anyway. Your blog makes me feel like i am right there walking on those wonderful streets and seeing all the beauty around. Love you, grannny

    ReplyDelete